Saturday 17 January 2015

Scrap The Boys - January Challenge

 
Hello again
 
Today I'm joining the challenge at Scrap The Boys. Seeing I live in a household of menfolk I always have boys to scrap. This is the STB inspirational mood board.
 

What I particularly like about this mood board is the bright colours. I also like the car and road image. I've had some photos of my youngest son, taken last year, that I didn't know what to do with. They were taken on the day he picked up his first ever car. As soon as I saw this mood board, I knew exactly how I was going to scrap the photos! And, here is the result.
 
  
I had a problem with these photos because they were way too big (5x7) and there was a lot of background noise. So, I did something I never usually do - I cut the photos to eliminate the background. I often crop out the background while creating digital layouts, but never do it on traditional pages. I'm glad I did step outside my comfort zone though because I'm happy with the final result.
 
I used white and black Gesso to highlight the photo cut-outs and help them stand out against the background. I did the bright colours on the background with water colour paint and Gelatos. I used the heart flair (from Funky Flairs Studio) because the colours matched the background, plus my son loves his car. The other flair is from D-Lish Scraps. I finished off with Creative Memories alphabet stickers, a velum quote, journaling and some sequins. Here are some close-ups.
 
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.
Cheers
Wendy :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.