Sunday 1 March 2015

ARTastic March Challenge

 
Hello again,
 I'm back with a fun challenge over at ARTastic Challenge Blog. The inspiration this month is an art piece by Barbara Hanrahan titled "The Dog - The Cat", and the extra requirement is to add a quote or saying.
 

 

Barbara Janice Hanrahan (1939-1991) was an Australian artist, printmaker and writer. She was born in Adelaide, South Australia. In 1961, Hanrahan won the Cornell Prize for painting. In 1962, she served as president of the South Australian Graphic Art Society. In 1963, at the age of 24, she left Adelaide to study at the Royal College of Art in London.  Hanrahan always combined writing with visual arts and she exhibited her artwork internationally, including in London, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Sweden, Scotland, the USA and Canada.[5] Her artwork is collected in numerous galleries in Australia, including the Australian National Gallery.
 
Barbara Hanrahan’s animal artwork is so quirky that it immediately inspired me to scrap my pets and document their personalities. In keeping with the fun, quirky approach, I decided to create a bright coloured comic book style page.

 

 
 
 
I did my journaling in speech/dream bubbles so it looks like the animals are talking or dreaming about themselves. What they are thinking/saying in the speech bubbles suits their personalities to a tee. And, while I love all my fur babies, the quote does really reflect the difference between cats and dogs.
 
Like I said, this is a fun challenge so why don't you come over and join us this month at ARTastic.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.