Monday 13 July 2015

Kraft Plus July Challenge - Mustard Explosion

Hello lovely scrapbooking friends,

I'm back again to enter the Kraft Plus Challenge this month. The challenge is "Mustard Explosion" and this is the inspirational picture.


I used yellow paint on my background, and on the diamonds. I painted the diamonds in varying shades of the palette, including some bright pumpkin to give a pop of colour. I was inspired by the heart in the inspirational pic, so I punched several hearts out of  velum to use on my layout. I coloured each heart with varying shades of yellow and mounted them on the diamonds. I was also attracted to the slight messiness of the piles of objects in the photo. I decided to re-create a similar feel by using layers and grunging up my page a little with black ink, stamping and threads. I also noticed the role of baker's twine so I attached some to my tags. 


I hope you like it. Here are some close-ups.
Thank you for dropping by. "See" you again soon. Cheers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.