Sunday 19 January 2014

Scrap The Boys: Something New Challenge

Well I've found an interesting blog, Scrap The Boys, and it appeals to me because I live in a household of menfolk. The challenge is "something new" and can be found at http://www.scraptheboys.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/happy-new-year-january-challenge-2014.html?m=1

I decided to scrap Andrew and his new car. Well, it was new three years ago when he first got his licence but I'm just catching up with scrapbooking it now.


This is before Andrew had even driven the car out of the car yard. He was one happy 18 year old! He doesn't have customised plates - I just did that to hide his rego number. After test driving so many cars, it was obvious that this car had Andrew's name on it!


Here is a close up of the background mesh reflecting various colours. The stars are wooden and I've painted and embellished them.


In this final photo you can see the star tape I used to match in with the wooden stars. You can also see the Road Trip sign where I've done a little bit of journaling and made a play on words.

Thank you for stopping by. Until next time.

8 comments :

  1. Great job !! Loving the grungy feel of it all. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to catch up on those older stories! LOVE your something new and all the colours and patterns Thanks for playing along with STB’s

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!!! (running behind for Jan) but its such a treat to see a beautiful layout) thanks for playing along with STB"S

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Rikki!
    loving all the elements, background work and metallics
    love it!
    thanks for playing along with STB's :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.