Sunday 15 June 2014

ARTastic June challenge - Distressing

Hello All
I'm really excited this month to be presenting my first layout as a member of the ARTastic creative team. I love the ARTastic Challenge Blog. I love the artworks  used to inspire scrappers with creative ideas. This month ARTastic is being a little light hearted with it's inspirational choice. The inspirational piece is  The Jam Session by Max Mannix, an artwork that represents the rural Australian landscape.

 
I like the shabby, rustic look of the artwork with its strong colours and shabby wooden elements. I took this lead to produce my layout and here it is.
To get a shabby, grungy look I used distressed paper for the background with stencilling and inking, then I overlaid it with roughly torn papers. The wooden photo frame, the barrels and the tree log elements all add to the rustic effect as well. Finally, I wanted to show that “laid back” relaxed Aussie attitude and I did this by slinging an akubra over the photo frame and placing an expensive brass instrument on a rough-cut tree log. The photo is a few years old and it’s of my youngest son playing his trumpet. He doesn’t play it as often now as he has taken up the guitar …..but he’s still jammin’.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you over at ARTastic Challenge Blog real soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.