Monday 12 January 2015

Scrap Around The World - January Challenge

 
Scrap Around the World has a gorgeous mood board this month.
 
 
 

I like the flowers and the shabby, subdued colours. I also like the sun bleached timber and the obvious oxidisation on the keys. These are the elements I had in mind when I created my layout.

 
 
I took these photos at Hobbiton in Matamata on a trip to the beautiful country of New Zealand late 2014.
 
 
I chose my main photo because I love the pink climbing roses and the worn shabbiness of the front door - I think they reflect the mood board very well. For the background I used Close To My Heart "My Reflections Timberline" because it looks like the faded timber in the mood board, and it continues the timber theme of the hobbit house doorways. To make the layout look older I stencilled and stamped the background. The cracked/crackling effect was done with the Kaisercraft "Crackle" stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The key and chipboard circles were sprayed with Tattered Angels Chalkboard then rubbed with metallic rub-on. Flowers and picture frames are made with altered die cuts.
 
 
Here's a few close-ups:
 
I enjoyed doing this layout, I hope you liked looking at it. Thank you for dropping by :)
 
 
My apologies to anybody trying to comment on this post - my comments section has stopped working. I am trying to fix it but with not much luck.
 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.