Sunday, 1 November 2015

Off The Rails Scrapbooking - November Challenge

Hello All,

November is a sad month for me as it's my last month with Off The Rails. I've had a ball on this design team and have met some amazingly talented designers. Thank you to Amanda Sousa for inviting me to join her team in the first place - I've learned so much.

This is my Design Team layout for this month's challenge over at Off The Rails Challenge Blog. I found the mood board quite challenging because I don't usually work with those colours but, hey, that's what it's all about ..... challenging yourself.  Here is the mood board:


I managed to include all the colours in my layout, and I was particularly attracted to the garland so I used a garland as the main emphasis on my page. I wanted the sentiment to look to the future but, instead of taking the recycle/environment view, I looked at how we nuture our children for the future. This is what I came up with:


This photo was taken on my youngest son's first day of school and he's looking a little apprehensive (he kept making sure his big brother was right there). As a mother I was very pleased at how my older son looked after his little brother. The boys are now young men and have grown up to be very respectful and caring which fills my heart with pride.

I built up layers of flowers, leaves and feathers to make a garland to frame the photo.  I took my lead from the garland in the mood board and I think it worked well. Some paint splatters and a butterfly finished off the page.

Come over to OTRS to see what the other Design Team members have created and we would love it if you joined in. You could win a prize from Imaginarium Designs.


Thank you so much for stopping by :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.