Sunday 5 July 2015

Pixels and Paper - July Challenge

I couldn't resist entering this month's challenge over at Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog. This is the inspirational image:


This image immediately made me think of a funny story from a long time ago when my husband and I spent six months in Europe. My husband had his 30th birthday when we were on Mykonos. We celebrated by doing a bit of a bar hop with some people we met. During the night it started storming and pouring rain. When we tried to find our way back to our accommodation in the early hours of the morning, we got lost because all the streets looked the same - cobble stones, and white-washed buildings with blue trim. We were up to our ankles in water when my husband accidentally dropped our door key and it promptly slipped down a storm water grate. We were renting the upstairs storey from a family who lived on the ground floor. When we found the house we were staying in, we had to knock on the ground floor door to get another key from the owners. The family was so lovely and friendly, but couldn't speak much English (the mother kept calling me "mister"). We felt terrible waking up the family to get another key.  In the morning, I offered to pay for the key but the mother couldn't understand what I was saying. Finally she said, "Your husband she take key .... very late". We compensated her for the key and the trouble we caused - it was the least we could do!

Anyway, once I was reminded of this story, I knew I had to re-scrap some photos from Mykonos. This is what I came up with:


Thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read my blog :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.