Tuesday 1 July 2014

ARTastic/CSI Collaboration - July Challenges

Hi All
Something different this month - ARTastic and CSI,  Color, Stories and Inspiration, are teaming up for the month of July. I'm so excited because this means that, as a member the ARTastic creative team, I will be a Special Agent over at CSI. Also, some of the talented design team members from CSI will be guest designers on the ARTastic blog. There are some terrific inspirational challenges for the month and this is the first one.
 
 
I love this vintage travel poster - summer, the beach, clear skies, trendy tourists. In the midst of a cold, windy winter in Melbourne it makes me yearn for summer. So, as soon as I saw the poster, I knew exactly which photo I was going to scrap. And that I did.
 
 
I took this photo of Coogee Beach from my hotel window (I know, what a view hey?) on a trip to Sydney about 18 months ago.
 
To reflect the inspirational picture, I designed my layout to look like a poster and I kept with the clear skies beach theme. The additional requirement for the ARTastic challenge was to use striped paper which I did on the red striped matting.
 

The scene for CSI is the beach and I've incorporated the required color scheme of cornflower blue, medium yellow, light blue, cherry red and black. My evidence includes the elements of stripes (red matting), scallops (around the photo and on the badge), transport accent (hot air balloon),  and glittery sand. My testimony is four lines of poetry.
 
I hope you like what you see and I hope you're inspired to join the challenges over at ARTastic and CSI.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.