Tuesday 3 February 2015

Kraft+ Inaugural Challenge - February 2015

 
I'm happy to see the launch of a new challenge blog called Kraft Plus (Kraft+). K+ was founded by the talented Sandra Wallace who has put together a fabulous design team and has secured some wonderful sponsors. Projects must have a Kraft base, plus the other requirement/s of the challenge. This first challenge is Mango Breeze Colour Inspiration:
 
 
I thought about doing a layout with a beach scene but decided instead to go with something different and just use the colour palette, which I love. This is my finished project:
 
 
I used the required Kraft background and decided on a photo of a Zentangle I did some time ago because it was a good fit for the colour palette (and I like the idea of using an unusual photo). I used water colour paint and Gelatos to create the colour on the background. I used Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray and acrylic paint to alter the die cuts. The doodled shapes were done with a Zig Writer and stamping. I layered pieces of card stock, ribbon and paper behind the photo to reinforce the colour scheme, and I added the flairs to give more dimension. The large die cut in the corner is part of a whole page die cut. I cut it down because the original was too large for my design. I chose it because of it's intricate design which reflects the intricate design in the Zentangle itself. Finally, I added a scatter of sequins. My aim was to make a layout with a structured design, but to also make it look a little like pieces of a puzzle.
 
I have taken some close-up shots of my layout:
 
 
Thank you for stopping by.
Cheers
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.