Saturday 21 February 2015

Picture This! 1st Feb Challenge

 
I've decided to enter both challenges over at Picture This! Challenge Blog this month. I've already entered their mid month challenge (see my previous blog post) and, for this one, the challenge is Picture This! - 2 photos + Photo Repetition + Splatters.

 
This is what I came up with:
 



The duplicated photo is an old picture of my youngest son. I just love it because it captures his personality so well. I wanted the layout to look casual and cheeky, with lots going on, to reflect the cheeky photo but I didn't want the elements to over power the photos. To avoid this, I matted the photos five times to lift them above the background. I also placed all the embellishments pointing towards the photos to help draw the eye in. I made most of the embellishments with my Big Shot machine - the first time I've used it. The black splatters were done with water colour paint.
 
Here are some close ups:
 
 
Thanks for looking. Cheers.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.