Saturday 20 February 2016

Kraft+ February Challenge

Hello Peoples,

I'm back again with another project for the Kraft Plus challenge "Going Postal".


In my previous post I blogged about how I created a scrapbooking layout for this challenge - I liked the challenge so much I decided to enter another project. I wanted to do something different and, as I don't make many cards now days, I decided to make a card. 


I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone and make a card with a theme I've never done before, so I made a card for Chinese New Year. It's an easel card and the four postage stamps at it's centre make one complete picture. I bought these stamps in Taiwan in 1979! (Not giving away my age or anything.) It's a very non-traditional Chinese New Year card but it does have traditional elements such as the red and gold colours. Besides the postage stamps, I have used franking stamps as well. I showed the card to one of my son's friends who is Chinese and he said it was beautiful and he would be honoured to receive a card like that. I was chuffed. He is a lovely young man!

Anyway, here are some close ups so you can see more of the detail.


As always, thank you for taking the time to look at my post.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.