Monday 11 April 2016

CSI Color, Stories, Inspiration - Case File 197

Hello Scrappy Friends

Today I'm showing you a layout I did for Case File 197 over at CSI. It's a major case file and there is a fabulous sketch,  from The Nifty Pixel, for added inspiration.


This was a real challenge for me - I had to search high and low for my pink elements. Well that's what happens when you live with a house full of men who are the main subjects of your pages. Anyway, I got there in the end and this is what I created.


Sorry about the photo being crooked. I always seem to have trouble taking a straight photo of my layout. Another problem I have is that white always looks like it's tinged blue. In real life, the background cardstock is bright white.

The subject of my layout is an art installation at Waiheke Island in New Zealand. It's three giant kinetic dandelions with each seed head showing a different point in time. The sculpture overlooks an exposed headland enabling it to respond to the wind. When I look at the sculpture, I'm immediately transported back to childhood and I wanted to reflect these feelings in my layout. I think I achieved this.

I used the sketch as inspiration, but I only included one photo because I wanted to show how beautiful and dramatic the installation is. To solve the case I used all five colours.  My evidence includes stripes, flowers, decorative border, rub-ons and string. My testimony consists of a free verse explaining just how this piece of art makes me feel.

Here are a few close-ups of my page


Thank you for stopping by :)

2 comments :

  1. I was looking for one of your non digital works and love it! After the clue from the CSI I thought for sure you were going to use something Dutch ;) Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lydia. I was very pleased to get "Star Witness" with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.