Sunday 3 April 2016

Pixels and Paper April Challenge - Vintage Style


Happy April Everyone

I love doing vintage style layouts, whether it be traditional or digital. I think I developed my love of vintage while scrapbooking the photos I collected while doing my family history research. I love genealogy and I love scrapping heritage photos. Now it doesn't matter how old the photo is, if it lends itself to vintage ..... I'll do it. That's why this month's challenge over at the Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog appealed to me so much. There is something about the inspirational photo that just drew me in. 


I love the subdued colours, the faded flowers, and the hint of something a little bit exciting at the bottom of the trunk.

I decided to do a vintage style layout of myself at different ages (22 years, 50 years and almost 60 years) and here it is.


This layout took me days to do, but I had fun doing it and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I think the best part, though, was when I showed it to my youngest son - after telling me how nice it was, he said "Gee you've really aged well Mum". What a beautiful young man he is :)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Until next time, happy scrapping xx





No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.