Sunday 3 January 2016

More than Words - January 2016 Challenge

So happy to see a new challenge blog, More Than Words, and I've used it as my inspiration for my first layout for 2016. The challenge is "Personality and Selfie". 


I hate both - I rarely ever take a selfie and I really don't like journaling about myself (unless it's documenting an event I was at, or a travel journal). The funny thing is that, as a genealogist, I would love to have more personal information about my ancestors.  I can't really expect this sort of information without giving it out myself, so I decided to bite the bullet and take the challenge. Besides, I like to support new Challenge Blogs and to recognise the hard work that goes into setting up and managing them. So here goes, this is what I created:



I'm sorry about the quality of the photo - I'm not very good at photographing layouts (it looks much better in real life. Lol.).

I wanted to portray some of the light and shade of my personality. Besides comparing those differences in my journaling, I wanted to reinforce the complexity by duplicating the same photo several times in both colour and black and white. I left a lot of white space too because I didn't want the page to be cluttered.

 Happy 2016 and thank you for stopping by.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.